Treating children & young adults with sports-related overuse injuries: specifically the lower limb (2 CPD)
Dr. Kobus Smit
(Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon)
in this session where they will look at best practice evidence-based recommendations for children with musculoskeletal conditions, especially in the lower limb.
Some of the topics to be discussed:
1) A multi-disciplinary perspective on the management of children with lower limb musculoskeletal conditions.
2) Conservative management v surgical management for children.
3) Secondary long-term consequences if left untreated.
4) Return to sport decision-making for children with overuse injuries.
5) Clinical reasoning algorithm to rule in/out certain first-line treatments for specific conditions
A workshop that covers a topic of ‘our times’. Join an experienced field expert that will come and share on their years of combined experience. We will look at case studies and treatment modalities
JOIN IN THE JOURNEY